Sunday, November 2, 2008

Another weekend, another project











On Wednesday last week, our development sales office let us know they would be removing a lot of landscaping in order to put driveways in at the model homes. We were asked if we wanted any of the plants. Of course, this would be up to Doug since I don't dig in the dirt. These plants were FREE, so Doug was all for it! :)

The sun sets very early these days, so by the time we finished dinner and walked to the model home, it was dark. Doug and Mitchell dug up plants while I did a little helping. (HEY, what can I say, I don't like dirt, blisters, etc.)
We ended up planting 20 plants. We have some black-eyed Susans to fill in out front where we already had some of those. We put in 5 hydrangea plants and 3 ornamental grass. We got some small perennial that looks like a daffodil. We also got 5 really large shrubs that we have almost no idea what they are. A horticultural expert friend of mine suggested these larger shrubs might be red twig dogwood. My hope is that all of these plants will live!

No comments: