Sunday, November 2, 2008

Autumn in Carver


I know I am not alone in thinking this has been one of the most beautiful seasons in a long time. This autumn has stretched on, foliage colors have been vivid, the sky so bright blue. The temperatures have been pleasant, and I have paused many times to just appreciate the beauty!

Friday night was Halloween. Mitchell did not trick-or-treat this year, he did not want to. He enjoyed passing out candy to children who came to our house. Later that night, he and I were watching TV and he excitedly pointed out the window. Sure enough, the combine was passing by our backyard, bright lights blazing, chugging through the corn field across the road. I have seen a combine working at night many times. But never from the cozy confines of my living room! That was surreal. And funny. We watched it for as long as we could see it, and we also giggled about it.

No comments: